Wednesday 10 October 2012

The GIFTS!!

Hello my sweeties!!

Well I have managed to drag out the story of my birthday for a good couple of weeks now, so congratulations if you are still with me!!

My actual birthday was on a Monday, so Mr G got up and took the boys to school before bringing me tea, cards and presents.

My main gift from Mr G was a vintage (1890) gold watch:

I absolutely love it, of course being over 120 years old (that blows my mind a bit!!) it has to be wound, and it makes the loveliest tick-tocking. It also keeps very good time, being exactly in synch with Mr G's modern designer watch.

Mr G also got me some winter boots. I chickened out of the DM's in the end having tried them on in a shoe shop - they were a wee bit chunky for me and it took literally 10 minutes to lace them after which I needed a lay down!! These boots have a zip as well as laces (which I shall swap for ribbons) and so are much easier:

H and W bought me two metres of fabric which they chose themselves, very sweet!!

My sister and brother-in-law also spoiled me with something that has been on my wanties list ever since I saw Nicki's from Homebird's some months ago:

Swoon!! It's a red polka dot Zatchel and I love it!! Sis had not only chose the exact size I wanted but also added the grab handle to the top (which is optional) so she got it spot on!!

MIL & FIL also got me a Pressie I had wanted for ages - it was probably a couple of years ago that Nigella Lawson did a show and in the titles you saw her switching on a bunny lamp:

He gives off a lovely relaxing glow and I just love him!! He is by Heico and from Petit Home.

My Stepmum gave me a lovely canvas with vintage teacups on that goes perfectly in the kitchen - very me!! Haven't got a piccie to show you of that though.

After present opening I got ready leisurely and we headed to Chichester - there is a Feather and Black outlet store and as we needed a new bed I thought we could pop in there, which (coincidentally) is just along from The Eternal Maker - a lovely quilting shop.

There was nothing to tempt us in the bed shop but of course purchases were made in the fabric shop:

After mooching round the shops we headed back homewards to our favourite pub which is very near to where I keep my horses. It was all candlelit inside as it was a gloomy day and we got a nice spot by the wood burner:

The pub has the most fantastic pies and we both enjoyed a sausage and chorizo pie with thick cut crispy chips - I was too greedy to take a picture!!

I did take one of my new bag on its maiden outing:

After we finished our meal an chap left his old Mum near to where we were sat so he could fetch the car - she began to chat to us and told she was 101!! I told her it was my 40th birthday and she said "Let me give you some advice, my dear. Spend your money. Don't save it. Spend it and enjoy. Don't save it like I did. It's no use to me now." I found that very poignant....

After all the excitement (and expense!!) of the weekend we had a quiet night in - we were both stuffed until quite late when we shared baked Camembert, roasted tomatoes and crusty bread in front of the telly.

I had been thoroughly spoiled - I am very lucky to have such a lovely family that did all they could to make my 40th birthday very special indeed - thank you I love you all....

Hugs,

S x











 

4 comments:

  1. Seriously jealous of your adorable red satchel! How sturdy, functional, and all together cute! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your 40th b'day was so lovely. You have lovely gifts, the old watch is beautiful, something to treasure and enjoy.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday sarah,LoVe all of your gifts,so glad you had a lovely one.Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy 40th birthday sarah dear libra! :)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x