Sunday 15 January 2012

A Big Case Of The Wanties....

On Wednesday last week my lovely friend Ashley & baby Rose from Country Rose came to visit. We had a lovely afternoon knitting and nattering.


Ashley brought her new baby with her, a fancy new DSLR camera the same as the one I want (Canon EOS 550D) and she let me have a play with it so I took a number of random pics to test it out.

Cups of tea to test the focus (I took one with the focus on the far cup and then one with the focus on the near cup):



Look, you can even see the steam!!



And the detail & colour of these orchids is beautiful....




You can see every one of Chico's feathers (BTW this bird *hates* me):



And Bear's beautiful aqua eyes:


Our current camera (just a point & shoot) is awful, we've had about 4 Fuji's and this one is the worst of the lot.

I had been hankering after a DSLR for a while and after playing with Ashley's I have a serious case of the wanties - fortunately Mr G is now sold as well (after taking Ashley's into the garage to photograph his motorbike!!) so hopefully in a few weeks time we will have one of our own.

Fingers crossed!!

I hope you're all having a lovely weekend....

hugs,

S x

PS There's still time to enter my little giveaway....















7 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to get a canon d60 for Christmas. I have to admit i love it and its already made such a difference to my photos without relly knowing what i'm doing yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh glad you and Ashley had a lush time. Camera looks great. I just have a little point and shoot, I am never into technology or "new and much improved things" but this camera does look great!!!!
    Hope you are having a fab weekend
    xx x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, exciting! When my boyfriend got a new more expensive camera, he passed his old one on to me. I love it, I use it to take most of my blog pictures (I say most because sometimes his camera captures a colour more truly or I need a better flash etc). I love that it's mine now, I always felt bad asking to borrow it all the time but now I don't have to ask :)
    Those orchids are beautiful! And those eyes!! Such a pretty kitty :)
    Ashley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. my camera is only a sony cyber shot, but i dream of owning a proper good camera with better adjustable buttons for a better quality image!
    i bet you had fun with Ashleys toy- enjoy your new one soon enough x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a new DSLR last year and absolutely love it. My only advice would be to make sure you play with them in the shop first - I originally ordered one from JL online and, despite being a thing of beauty, it weighed a TON.
    The one I eventually changed it for (Olympus EPL 1) still feels heavy compared to my old compact, and its exactly HALF the weight of my first choice!
    How lovely to get together with Ashley!
    And it does look like that bird is giving you the evil eye!!!
    fee x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your could have taken loadss more photo's but I think you and Mr G were worried that you'd break it or something! haha Those photo's are lovely. I look forward to when you have a fancy pants camera youself and I can ogle all of the beautiful photo's you take with it!! :-)

    Ashley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stunning eyes Bear has!! And I think your fairy lights are fab!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Every comment you leave makes my day, so do take a moment to say hello....

S x